- Frame designed for long-term use with minimal maintenance required
- Fully vegetable-tanned saddle leather offers durability and natural patina
- Crafted with kiln-dried FSC-certified oak for enduring structural integrity
Iconic chair crafted with solid wood and premium saddle leather, reflecting Børge Mogensen's modernity. Available in various finishes and high-quality leathers.
Authenticity and Craftsmanship
Discover the Spanish Dining Chair, a part of Børge Mogensen's iconic saddle leather collection. Solid oak or walnut combined with premium saddle leather ensures a chair that stands the test of time and grows more beautiful with age. The leather gracefully expands over time, allowing for personalized adjustments with its adjustable straps.
Classic and Recognizable Design
This classic and recognisable design is a true statement of craftsmanship. The frame is made of solid wood with a seat and back in vegetable-tanned saddle leather with metal buckles. This chair is generously and exquisitely crafted, offering a best contemporary dining chair while paying homage to Medieval Spanish/Islamic furniture through its use of natural materials.
Unique Angle on Modernity
Designed by Fredericia's in-house designer Børge Mogensen, the Spanish Chair reflects his unique angle on modernity and is available in a range of treated oak finishes and high-quality saddle leathers from Sweden. This chair is distinguished by its strong presence, solid oak construction, and high-quality leather, allowing for comfortable and secure sitting for years to come.
Legacy of Collaboration
The Spanish Chair is a product of the family-owned company Fredericia, which has a long-standing tradition of collaborating with internationally recognised designers, including Børge Mogensen. It reflects the brand's ethos of craftsmanship, artistic expression, and material expertise, resulting in classic and contemporary designs with sculptural elegance.
Scandinavian Influence and Classic Appeal
The combination of solid wood and saddle leather creates a classic and sturdy piece of furniture. The Spanish Chair is also available in a range of treated oak finishes and high-quality saddle leathers from Sweden, offering a perfect contemporary dining chair while paying homage to Medieval Spanish/Islamic furniture through its use of natural materials.
Designed in 1964
Height: 84.5cm x Width: 56cm x Depth: 48cm (Weight: 7.7kg)
Seat Height: 46cm
Seat Width: 56cm
Seat Depth: 44cm
Leg: Height: 46cm x Diameter:3cm
Standard UK Dining Set Size Guide:
Standard Dining Table Top Height: 71-76cm
Standard Floor to Underside of Dining Table Top Height: 68-73cm
Recommended Available Width/Space Per Chair at a Dining Table: 60-75cm
Recommended Available Leg Room Depth: 35-40cm
All dimensions are subject to general tolerances in upholstery – see terms for more information
Gross/Fully Packaged Measurements (Estimated)
Gross/Packed Dimensions: Height: 99cm x Width: 60.5cm x Depth: 54cm
Gross/Packed Cubic Metres: 0.15m³
Gross/Packed Weight: 8kg
Materials & Finishes
– Frame: Kiln-dried FSC-certified oak hardwood (available in soaped oak, black lacquered oak, oiled oak, light oiled oak, smoked oiled oak)
– Seat Cushion’s Fillings: One fixed seat cushion made using leather (available in Natural saddle leather, Black saddle leather or Cognac saddle leather)
– Back Cushion’s Fillings: One fixed seat cushion made using leather (available in Natural saddle leather, Black saddle leather or Cognac saddle leather)
– Legs: Available in solid oak legs (available in soaped oak, oiled oak, light oiled oak, smoked oiled oak or black lacquered oak)
– Upholstery: Fredericia leathers (available in natural, black or cognac)
– Warranty: 7-25 years – see Fredericia’s warranty terms for more information
– Assembly: No assembly required
Download more product information.
Solid wood frame
– Wipe any spills as soon as they occur to avoid them soaking in
– Never place hot items directly on the tabletop
– Clean with a damp cloth. Never use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or polish
– Avoid placing the leather in direct sunlight or extreme heat
– Absorb any spills immediately, using a clean, dry cloth
– Dust and clean regularly according to instructions
– Use a damp cloth to wipe the leather, never soak it
– Clean using the foam from soap flakes and a soft cloth
– Never use detergents, ammonia, oils, polish, varnish, etc.
Please download the care instructions PDF below for more detailed information on how to care for your Fredericia Spanish Chair.
Download the care and maintenance guide
Space Planning/Interior Design
Our experienced team of design consultants can help you in planning your dream space. From colour and upholstery advice on free standing pieces to installation and finish tips on fitted furniture. Furthermore to help you visualise your new space we’ll produce 3D models to demonstrate how our products can be best used in your living space. Send our space planning team a quick message here.
Made for interior designers, architects and property developers; Olson and Baker For Business is the essential tool to help keep your clients happy, sign up today!
Delivery & Installation
Our delivery and installation team carry a wealth of knowledge and know exactly how to handle high-end furniture. They realise the value and importance of each Olson and Baker customer, read more about your furniture’s delivery here.
We guarantee that you will get the best value for money with our promise on price with no compromise on quality or service. Seen it cheaper elsewhere? Send us a quick message here.
From Dubai to Tokyo, the US to Italy we supply high-end furniture and lighting to trade and private clients all over the world, planning the logistics around you. Contact us for more information.